Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Anxiety

Every few of months I suffer from a couple days of pretty terrible anxiety. The littlest thing will cause me to be anxious and I’ll immediately go to the worst case scenario. It throws me for a loop and makes it difficult to focus on simple daily tasks. When I go through this spells I feel sick, I often don’t sleep well, and cry very easily. I know a lot of it stems from my brother passing away from cancer & the lack of control. Luckily I have a great support system. Alvaro is always there encouraging & supporting me. Staying up with my when I can't sleep & praying for me. I group text my family asking for prayer. I pray a lot & remind myself of the reality, the facts. A few days after it passes, I look back and try to think of how I could have handled that better. What could I have done better/different to help avoid the anxiety in the first place. Stress is normal, but anxiety and worry disrupting my life is not. I found the print below on etsy and thought it was a great reminder. I might need to buy it & put it in our house. 

Via DaughterZionDesigns on Etsy
How do you handle anxiety & stress? Have you read any books that have helped you manage it? 

No comments:

Post a Comment