Sunday, October 5, 2014

8 Lakes Basin ride

Yesterday my mom and I went on a little horseback ride. I hadn’t ridden in at least 5 years. She took me to a beautiful area in the Jefferson Wilderness Area called the 8 lakes basin. There are about 30 lakes in the area and we rode 8 miles in & 8 miles out. Such a beautiful area. I want to go back, hike in, and camp! The weather was gorgeous. Warm & sunny. Couldn’t believe it was October! We rode in, stopped for lunch at one of the lakes, & took lots of pictures. Such a fun time with my mom. Can't wait to go on another ride with her. Below are some fun pictures from the ride. Oh and it was opening day for hunting so of course we wore orange vests :)

3 fingered jack
Duffy Lake
Duffy Butte
Alice Lake
Boo the horse :)

Bjorn Lake
Bjorn Lake - my favorite
3 fingered jack 
Bjron Lake from above
Blue Lake


Me & Boo 
Duffy Butte


No comments:

Post a Comment