Wednesday, October 2, 2013

New Space

Last weekend Alvaro & I moved apartments. Same complex, just different unit and layout. Working up to the move I began to feel really sad about leaving our apartment. We hadn't been there for long, 18 months, but so many memories tied there. The last year & a half has been really great, but also really tough at times. I finished our wedding prep there, that's where we came home from our honeymoon too, where we really became a team, made some tough decisions for our future, laughed so much, cried & grieved together, made many memories. That was also the last apartment my brother came to before he passed away. I remember so vividly him walking down the steps, uneasy on his feet. Commenting on how nice the place was. He was so happy for us. I still remember exactly where he sat, what he was wearing. It was a weird feeling to leave the place that he last visited. Almost like I don't want him to forget where we are. Grief is a funny thing some times. Holding on to that memory of him is so important to me. Reminds me of what David was all about: family. No matter what's going on in our lives, we're there for each other. We celebrate moments together. We live life together. We grieve together. I'm looking forward to starting this next chapter of our lives here.
Packing up & emptying out
Sunset at our new apartment.
One of my favorite pictures of my dad & David.

No comments:

Post a Comment