Wednesday, January 16, 2013

On my heart

I didn't anticipate my first post to be heavy. But my goal with this blog is to document my life we're i'm at, the good and the bad.

today my heart is heavy. yesterday marked 3 months since my brother passed away. 3 months since we said good-bye to one of the most amazing people i've ever been able to meet. 3 months since my family changed forever. 3 months since my heart broke and i don't believe it will ever be the same. 3 months since my nieces and nephew said goodbye to their incredible uncle.

i miss him so much. and i honestly believe we lost an incredible person. everyone loved him and he loved everyone. at his service my cousin talked about how david always made you feel like the most important person in the world when you were with him. i miss that. i miss my older brother taking care of me. worrying about me. making everyone laugh. his smile. i'm grateful he's no longer in pain and he's been made whole. but i miss him here. i wish he was here. i'm looking forward to seeing him again.

i have several friends who have parents battle cancer. it breaks my heart for what they are going through. what is/may be to come. i continue to pray for them, cry for them, support and encourage them. my hope and prayer is that through all this 'cancer journey' my heart will be softened, i will meet and encourage others going through difficult situations, and God will use me and my family somehow.

if you somehow you found this blog and if there is anything i can pray for you, please feel free to leave it in a comment or email me at ccwebb33 at gmail dot com.

~Cathy

No comments:

Post a Comment